Monday, May 7, 2018

Bucket List Birthday Weekend

I only turn 30 once, right? So I might as well live it up. I took a day off work on Friday and decided to try to cross quite a few more items off my bucket list. I feel pretty successful and very grateful. 

Here's a recap of the weekend:

Friday, May 4th

Hiking the Hotshots and Journey Trails with Mom:

These trails are at the Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park and are a tribute to the 19 firefighters who lost their lives five years ago protecting the town of Yarnell.



The trail was 6.5 miles total, but pretty challenging. 





The views were gorgeous.



The memorials were sobering.



Thanks to all who did and do serve in a firefighting capacity.



--

Cooking dinner for the family:

The best weeknight pasta sauce (recipe from Budget Bytes) over spaghetti, with sides of  broccoli and cauliflower and garlic bread


Saturday, May 5th

Prescott Home Tour with Mom: This was my Mother's Day gift to Mom, but I enjoyed it, too!



We dressed alike for a mother-daughter photo



--

Dinner at Arturo's:(I wanted to go to Prescott, but then remembered that it was Whiskey Row Marathon weekend. Mom suggested going to Chino Valley, and trying a restaurant there was on my list for this year, so I was like, "Sold!")

My new standard order for Mexican is chili rellano. This was served with beans and rice.



--

After dinner, I had a birthday card and gift opening extravaganza.



I cleaned up a little afterwards....



Thanks to all who sent cards, and wishes, and gifts for my birthday. I felt so loved!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you made it to the trail! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete