Monday, November 14, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Oats

It's fall, and it's Pumpkin Palooza at Trader Joe's, so naturally it's time for a pumpkin oatmeal recipe. This is based on a recipe I found when I started experimenting with oats, but for the life of me, I can't find the original blog. So here's my rendition:Creamy pumpkin oats with just a bit of spice, topped with decadent vanilla spice peanut butter, all made in my own kitchen. Mmm!

Ingredients:


1/2 c rolled oats

1 c water
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1 t pumpkin pie spice, divided
2 T natural peanut butter
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t real vanilla


Directions:


1. Combine oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to medium and cook oats until thick and rich.
3. Thoroughly stir in pumpkin puree and 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice. Let simmer until oats are cooked and desired consistency is reached. (Add a bit more water, if necessary.)
4. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
5. Dish up the oats and top with the peanut butter mixture.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment