Friday, November 18, 2016

God Hears Our Cries

In this continued time of waiting for God to answer prayer, it is good to remember that God hears our cries. He isn't leaving us alone in our distress and our grief. He is listening, working out His perfect will in His perfect timing.

Genesis 21:17

God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there."


Numbers 20:16

But when we cried out to the Lord, he heard our cry and sent an angel and brought us out of Egypt.


1 Kings 8:28

Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.


Psalm 5:2

Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.


Psalm 6:9

The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.


Psalm 10:17

You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry.


Psalm 18:6

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment