Monday, April 24, 2023

A Breath of Fresh Air

I woke up not feeling so well, not sick, just off. We had a hard conversation. I felt teary. But then we decided to go to a local community event. I got so immersed in it. And when I came home, I felt like a new woman. I felt invigorated, enlivened, positive and hopeful. It was as if I had taken a breath of fresh air.

Why did I feel better? My mind had taken time to focus on something else. I had forgotten about my earlier angst. Moving my body had made it feel better. Simple interventions, yes, but with profoundly positive results.

Feeling blue? Try something that distracts you-no, not something that dissociates you, like scrolling your phone. Something immersive, creative, interesting. It could be an outdoor activity like going for a hike, walk, or run. It could be a creative pursuit like painting, knitting or crocheting, or wood working. It could be a museum tour. Get up; get out. Literally breathe some fresh air. Who knows? It might have the same effects as it did for me, lightening your load and livening your mood. Isn't it cool how God made us?

No comments:

Post a Comment