Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Simplify.

I am not usually one for "Word of the Year" quizzes. Yes, I take them, and yes, I often pick a word for the year (or month, or day), but I'm not usually one to just take the word I get from a quiz and use it as my own. This year is different. When I did the word of the year quiz from Dayspring, that word fit, and I am running with it. Or maybe I should say, I am pondering it.

Twenty twenty-three was a year of hard stuff, for me, for my family, and for my friends. While I like challenges and proving to myself that I can do hard things, right now, it seems like life itself is hard enough. I am (for right now) kind of over forcing more hard stuff. I just want to be present, to focus on what matters, and to enjoy life. 

I have a few races on the calendar for 2024. I am training for them. How hard remains to be seen. We have a vacation scheduled for the summer. I look forward to these things, but I am trying not to over invest in them. I just want to be present here and now.

Challenges are good. Doing hard things is good. Right now, though, I'm simplifying. What that means and how far it goes remains to be seen. God knows, and I rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment