Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Divine Design


Divine Design

By Sarah Earles


In others I see

a reflection 

of God’s divine design:

His work,

His handiwork,

details marvelous and fine.


But do I see 

in me that same

reflecting of glory?

Or do I see 

only my sin

its destruction so gory?


Yes, sin is real.

We all need to repent.

But even sin can’t steal 

God image 

and God-reflection.

It just mars and tarnishes.


So, God help me see

Your reflection 

in others and in me:

Not the sin,

but the glory,

Of what in you I can be.


Help me to reflect

not the ill

but the good,

to a world in need

of more God-image

and Christ-directed work.


References: 


Crabb, L. (2005). Connecting: Healing ourselves and our relationships. Thomas Nelson.


Tollet, S. (Host). (2025, February). When you feel insecure (faith-based & practical guide). [Audio podcast episode]. Fit to live. https://creators.spotify.com/pod/show/sydneytollett/episodes/when-you-feel-insecure-faith-based--practical-guide-e2uph5i

No comments:

Post a Comment