Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats

Yes, I'm writing about oatmeal again. Yes, this one includes chocolate and peanut butter. And I realized as I ate it that it is really a variation on my favorite oatmeal. But this was so good for breakfast that I have to share the recipe. I could really eat this for dessert, as it reminded me of the Braum's peanut butter cup ice cream I ate in the middle of the night last night. (Yes, the middle of the night. I was hungry and couldn't sleep and so I chose to enjoy ice cream and the novel I was reading.) So without further ado: peanut butter cup overnight oats (adapted from Bran Appetit's Double Chocolate Overnight Oats)




Rich chocolate, salty peanut butter + the health of oats? Mmm!


Ingredients:



1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 c skim milk
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1 t maple syrup
2 T cocoa powder
1/4 t salt
1 T (or more) natural peanut butter for topping


Directions:



1. Mix all of the ingredients except the peanut butter in a small bowl or a medium-sized jar.
2. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
3. Before eating, "fill" the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal shell with the peanut butter.


Notes:



Don't omit the salt mixed in with the oats. It really brings out the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment