Friday, May 6, 2016

God Blesses.

I often find attributes by reading the "Psalm of the Day." The "Psalm of the Day" is the number of the day, plus or minus multiples of 30. I read Psalm 115 the day I made my verse sheet, and these words struck me: "The Lord remembers us and will bless us: He will bless his people Israel, he will bless the house of Aaron, he will bless those who fear the Lord—small and great alike." God did not have send Jesus to die for our sins to save us. God does not have to bless us, but He does. He remembers us. He cares for us. This blessing is my prayer focus this week.


God blesses.
Bestows divine favor or good upon (Dictionary.com, n. d.).



Genesis 1:22
God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”



Deuteronomy 2:7
The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything.


1 Chronicles 4:10
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.


Psalm 67:7
May God bless us still, so that all the ends of the earth will fear him.



2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.


Ephesians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.



Reference:
Bless. (n. d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved April 25, 2016 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bless

No comments:

Post a Comment