Sunday, May 1, 2016

Is it May Already?

Where did April go? It certainly flew by, and since it is May already, I guess it is time to update THE LIST.


1) GO! on a cruise. We leave in exactly one week!


2) Stop checking e-mail on my phone while at work. I turned my e-mail off for awhile, but now, I turned it on again. I am still trying to find a balance. "It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes" (Ecc 7:18).


5) Memorize some new scripture, or at least review the old. I finally made it through Philippians.


7) Purge excess. Soak up blessing. My housemates are having a garage sale while I am away on my cruise. Let's get rid of the excess!


8) Run a 5K. I signed up for a second race in June.


10) Pursue counseling licensure. Still submitting paperwork.


11) Rest. M y mentor challenged me that I can make time for what's important. If I have a good book on hand, I rest more. I'm going to the library more and deciding I would rather read than surf the internet. Reading is relaxing, in moderation.


12) Trim down the processed. Bulk up the produce. (In my diet). I find it hard to get it enough leafy greens. As it gets warmer, I am drinking smoothies again. I can add a good bit of spinach and not really notice it.


14) Finish the books I have and read more. This month, I read Sandpiper Drift by Vanessa DelFabbro, and The Edge of Recall by Kristen Heitzmann.


15) Spend time with and love the people around me. April was full of trips to see family and friends, including: an unexpected family funeral gathering, a trip to Kansas to see a cousin, and a Saturday at Crystal Bridges Art Museum with my granddad. I also walked with friends, shopped with my housemates, and continued to enjoy house dinners.



No comments:

Post a Comment