Friday, September 2, 2016

Another Month?

Another month has gone by? Really? Life of late seems to be a blur. But here's the update on this year's goals.


2) Stop checking e-mail on my phone while at work.
We're not supposed to use social media at work, so that mostly keeps me off my phone. Students are not allowed to have phones, so I try to be a good example and keep my stowed away. I am in a habit of checking my phone when I arrive at work, eat lunch, and leave work. I think this is a healthy balance.


3) Use more glass storage containers and less plastic.
After a week of using one round plastic container over and over, I bought some two-cup glass Anchor dishes with lids at TJMaxx. With three of them, I have enough to rotate through the wash, and they are so convenient! Additionally, I feel better about microwaving my food every day for lunch.


4) Find my rambunctious side again.
I work with high schoolers, so I try to be professional. But I also want to be personable.


5) Memorize some new scripture, or at least review the old.
I'm not making very fast progress, but I wrote out some Galatians verses to learn.


8) Run a 5K.
I signed up to a run the Patriot 5K in Arizona next Saturday. I pray that works out.


9) Embrace the quiet.
I've been going to bed earlier this week, so that's one way to embrace quiet, I guess.


10) Pursue counseling licensure.
I paid my LAC licensing fee today. We will see where that takes me.


11) Rest.
See 9).


12) Trim down the processed. Bulk up the produce. (In my diet)
I'm trying to keep eating lots of produce, but lately I have really enjoyed big bowls of cold cereal. I'm trying to be okay with that. It's what my body wants right now.


13) Bullet journal plan—streamline my to-do list.
I have a personal and a work bullet journal planner. It's awesome!


14) Finish the books I have and read more.
In August, I read five books. I can read one a weekend if I try. But reading is a good way to rest. (See 11.)


15) Spend time with and love the people around me. 
I am blessed to live with my Dad, Mom, and youngest brother. I spent lots of time talking to them in the mornings, at night, and any other time I see them. Sometimes it feels like I waste time, but I want to savor this time because it is limited.


16) Blog. Instagram. Something. (Experiment.) 
I might not be doing a very good job, but I'm still at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment