Friday, September 23, 2016

Thanksgiving as an Offering

Thanksgiving as an offering to God.
A gift or contribution made (Dictionary.com, n. d.)

Leviticus 22:29
“When you sacrifice a thank offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf.

2 Chronicles 29:31
Then Hezekiah said, “You have now dedicated yourselves to the Lord. Come and bring sacrifices and thank offerings to the temple of the Lord.” So the assembly brought sacrifices and thank offerings, and all whose hearts were willing brought burnt offerings.

Psalm 50:14
“Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,

Psalm 50:23
Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”

Psalm 56:12
I am under vows to you, my God; I will present my thank offerings to you.

Psalm 107:22
Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.

Psalm 116:17
I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:26
People will come from the towns of Judah and the villages around Jerusalem, from the territory of Benjamin and the western foothills, from the hill country and the Negev, bringing burnt offerings and sacrifices, grain offerings and incense, and bringing thank offerings to the house of the Lord.

Reference:
Offering. (n. d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved September 13, 2016 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/offering

No comments:

Post a Comment