Monday, September 26, 2016

Strawberry Almond Cardamom Oatmeal

Remember when I tried that strawberry cardamom oatmeal? I really didn't like the earthy, spicy flavor of the oats. But I think I figured out the trick: add oatmeal to the applesauce. Are you surprised? This is my favorite trick, after all.


Then add the fruit and some almond butter on top. Mmm!

Ingredients:


1/2 c old-fashioned oatmeal
1 c water
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 t cardamom
1 T (or more) natural almond butter
4 fresh strawberries, sliced
Cinnamon

Directions:


1. Bring water and oats to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
2. When oats reach the desired consistency, stir in the applesauce and cardamom. Simmer oatmeal on low until some of the liquid from the applesauce absorbs and the oats become thick and rich.
3. Transfer oatmeal to a bowl, and top with the almond butter, sliced strawberries, and cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment