Wednesday, November 7, 2018

When God Tells You to Stop Praying

It's happened to me twice now. I'm fervently praying about something, banging on heaven's door, and then suddenly it's like the Spirit says, "Stop." It happened when I went to Unshaken, and it just happened again. At Unshaken, I had a strong conviction to pray about a work issue, and at some point I just felt like God said, "It's taken care of." And in the current situation, I've felt unsettled and upset and overall confused for quite some time. But then I saw this quote from TobyMac on Instagram:



God was like, "It's taken care of." And when I tried to pray, the fervor was gone. It wasn't that I didn't care, bit that I just had a sense again that I didn't need to pray about it anymore.

Answers? Nope. I still don't have them. I don't know how things will work out. But in the silence, in the waiting, I have God's peace. I trust Him. He has heard my prayers and He'll answer for His glory and good in His timing. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment