Thursday, November 8, 2018

Fix Your Heart.

I wrote earlier about times when the Spirit has convicted me to stop praying about something, to let go and let God. But the last time this happened, something else happened. I heard the still small voice say, "Pray for your heart." I was so convicted that my heart wasn't in the right place. I was praying for circumstances to change when what God really wanted to change was my heart.

So I changed the direction of my prayers. I prayed that I would be faithful and trustworthy in my actions. I prayed that I would rest in God's peace. I prayed that I would be sensitive to the Spirit's leading. I prayed that I would be brave and obedient. I prayed that I would be okay however the issue turned out. And my heart began to change.

I still don't have answers. And maybe that's the point. Prayer doesn't change God, because He is changeless. Prayer changes me. Prayer allows God to fix my heart.



1 comment:

  1. I feel like I totally relate to this. Sometimes, you can't just want the "things" but you just have to prepare yourself for whatever may come.

    ReplyDelete