Monday, September 10, 2018

Unshaken Prayer Conference

I worked a half day on Friday, and then we headed to Phoenix to get my sister-in-law from the airport. Her flight got a little delayed, so Mom got some coffee while we waited. I crocheted.



We swung by the church to drop off Mom to check in for the Unshaken Conference and then ran to Chic-Fil-A to get some dinner. I got into the worship time a little late, but I made it.



The first night, we worshipped with 29:11 and then heard from Cheryl Saks of Bridge Builders and Sally Burke, Moms in Prayer President. My two take-aways were that secular schools cannot meet the spiritual needs of students and that God is not shaken. The key verse for the event was Psalm 16:8,"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken" (New International Version, NIV). The more we look to God, the more we will be like Him, unshaken.



We got to bed pretty late Friday night, but we still woke up early. So Mom and I went for a walk. We discovered some lovely little water features in the middle of an industrial center and apartment complex.



Day two of the conference was intense, but good. The focus was on persevering prayer, even when we don't have answers or see answers. One of the speakers talked about how sometimes we persevere in prayer not so that we get what we want, but to remind others to pray and not give up. Karen Abercrombie, aka Miss Clara of War Room, talked about how God led her to that role. Basically, she prayed and waited 13 years to play a character like this. Her testimony was pretty powerful. We had a boxed lunch and fellowship, and then more stories about how God is working around the world through prayer.



I don't know that I'll ever be a prayer warrior like my mom, but I'm glad I had a chance to go to this conference with her and my sister-in-law. In the midst of all the craziness, I do need to remember to look up instead of looking down or in. I tend to be an easily shaken person, but I serve an unshakeable God, and prayer is my connection to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment