Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Encouraging Words of a Dad

 


My dad is not necessarily a person of few words. He is friendly as ever and can strike up a conversation with almost anyone. When he gives words of encouragement, however, they are often succinct, to the point, and in some ways, prophetic. I have often referred to my dad as my biggest cheerleader, and to that extent, I thought I would share some of the words he has said that have had the greatest impact on my life:

You're going to make it.

When you get through this, you're going to help other people.

Just do the next right thing.

Do you know you're loved?

Love you stacks and piles!

As I wrote a card to my dad this year, I reflected on how grateful I was for him. "Thank you," seemed too little to say, but at the same time, just right. 

I love you, Dad, and I am so thankful for you. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment