Wednesday, February 28, 2024

At Least I Tried...


I hate failure. Really, I do. It really stinks! It feeds my personal feelings of failure and inadequacy. But you know what else feeds those same feelings? Failing to try. I never know the potential joys of success when I don't try.

So here's to continuing to try new things this year. Trying and failing, probably a lot. Congratulating myself for trying. Feelings the grief when I fail. Learning where I can, and moving on. Having a few unexpected successes along the way. 

In the end, I think I would rather say, "At least I tried..." than "I wish I would have." Trying is a practice in future focused hope. Wishing is a past-focused regret. I'd rather regret that I tried than regret that I never tried, at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself right now.

(The above whole wheat bread is a result of one of my tries so far this year. It actually rose despite being 100% whole wheat flour. Praise Jesus for Sally's Baking Addiction recipe testing that results in unexpected success for strugglers like me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment