Monday, January 15, 2018

Wild and Free (Book Review)

I'm trying something new today. After finally finishing reading the book Wild and Free, by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan, I typed up the quotes that stuck out to me and created a word cloud:



I thought I'd also share my a bullet point book review:

Agreements:

-God has already won our freedom, so we don't need to strive for it. 
-Our lives are about God's glory, not our own. 
-We need community to thrive as wild and free women.

Disagreements: 

-We're God's treasures, not God's tools.
-What about Ephesians 2:10, which says, " For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do?" 
-Can we find identity as treasures of God so that He can use us as his tools, too?

Take-away: 

-“Everyone wants to know a free woman's secret. The secret is Jesus. Because He has set us free” (p. 226).

What do you think of this type of post? Would you like to see more posts like it in the future? Please comment below.

2 comments:

  1. I love this method of a book review! I feel like it makes me want to read the book and also gives me some prompts to think about while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to do this again with the Brene Brown book I'm reading.

      Delete