Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Learning

Here's the update on THE LIST for February. I'm learning....
 
2) Stop checking e-mail on my phone while at work.
Good, but now I use my phone to mindlessly scroll Pinterest or Facebook at home. The goal is to be more "unplugged."
 
4) Find my rambunctious side again.
I spontaneously texted my mentor a picture of something. That counts, right?

5) Memorize some new scripture, or at least review the old. (Ps 119:105).
I have to set aside time to memorize. It does not just happen. Dinner time is my current space to review and study verses. I am almost through Ephesians.

10) Pursue counseling licensure.
I submitted all my paperwork. I studied the review book. I am waiting on permission to take the NCE.

11) Rest (Ps 46:10; Matt 11:28-29).
Sickness forced me to rest. (See Silver Linings.) I am trying to learn to prioritize things that are really important instead of just taking care of the urgent stuff. This article and the Covey Time Management Matrix are excellent tools in this pursuit.


12) Trim down the processed. Bulk up the produce. (In my diet)
What helps?
-Pre-cutting vegetables
-Pre-washing lettuce for salads
-Keeping a variety of fruit on hand (I try to buy what's on sale at Aldi each week.)
-Greek yogurt ranch dip (I make half a recipe.)
-Honey mustard dip (mustard plus a drizzle of honey and a shake of red pepper flakes)
-Eating bean soup and cornbread for breakfast on cold mornings (strange, but surprisingly good and a way to get in vegetables early).

14) Finish the books I have (Every Thought Captive  and How We Love) and read more (Wiest, 2015, November; Wiest, 2015a).
I finished How We Love and also read three books in the Kensington Chronicles series by Lori Wick.

15) Spend time with and love the people around me (John 13:35; Wiest, 2015a). 
Prioritizing time is hard. Finding time for myself as an introvert and having energy for others is a delicate balance.

16) Blog. Instagram. Something. (Experiment.) 
I am still blogging. I am honestly not super crazy about it, but it keeps me writing, which I need to do.

Until next month, may I keep learning the lessons God has for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment