Friday, March 25, 2016

God is Living Water.

On this day that Jesus thirsted, and then breathed His last to offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sins, it is good to remember that the triune God is our Living Water. He quenches spiritual thirst. Through Jesus, He provides the way for us to be unified with Him, receiving the filling of the Holy Spirit. This filling should always leave us thirsting for more, more of God.

Psalm 42:2
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?


Psalm 63:1
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.


Psalm 107:9
For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. 


Jeremiah 2:13
My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.


Jeremiah 17:13
Lord, you are the hope of Israel; all who forsake you will be put to shame. Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the Lord, the spring of living water.


John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment