Monday, October 30, 2017

Songs for Motivation

Having some trouble getting motivated, I used my phone to listen to one of my favorite songs as I drove to work. Scouting out the parking lot and seeing no one, I listened to the song up to the door of work. And then I shut it off.

I've continued my "fight song" habit most days since then. I even put a special CD in my car to listen to on the hard days. You know what? It works. Music doesn't fix my day, but it's a way to reorient myself, to build in a small meditative, self-care practice during the day.

In case this practice interests you, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite motivational songs:

1) "Fix My Eyes" by For King and Country

2) "Brave" by Moriah Peters

3) "Unfinished" by Mandisa

4) "Not Over Yet" by For King and Country

What are you favorite motivational songs? Please share in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment