Sunday, November 26, 2017

Wisconsin: Day 1

I know that some of you have been waiting to hear about my Wisconsin trip, so here begins the wrap-up. Monday morning, I got up at 4 am Arizona time and was headed out the door by 4:30 am. Even at that early hour, I hit traffic, but I still got to the airport on time. My first flight was from Phoenix to Chicago and took about three hours. I occupied myself with the in-flight magazine crossword.



I spent three hours in Chicago, which was actually not as long as it seemed. We arrived late and then I walked from the arrival gate clear to another terminal. I tracked down and ate some lunch as well.


(Are music and flashing lights in the airport supposed to increase or decrease my stress? Or just keep people moving? I'm not sure....)

From Chicago, I flew to Madison, Wisconsin. That flight was only about twenty minutes, shorter than I expected, and less than the flight itinerary predicted.


The Madison airport is small, but efficient. My brother told me it wouldn't take me long to get my suitcase at baggage claim, and he was right! I was in and out of baggage claim in about 15 minutes.

I carried my winter jacket with my through the airport and stashed a scarf in the bottom of my carry-on. Boy, was I glad I did that! I put on the scarf as soon as I felt the cold air of baggage claim and wore my jacket throughout dinner. Dinner was sweet potato curry at Curry In The Box, and boy, did it hit the spot.


I think I understand the warm food concept of hygge after this meal. When it's cold and dreary, a nice hot bowl of curry does wonders for the body and the mind!

That's Day 1. Days 2-4 to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment