Friday, December 22, 2017

Finding My "Why"

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you've probably picked up on the fact that this year has been hard for me. I resigned from one job and took another. I've struggled to find passion and purpose. I've dragged through many a day. 

After seeking and asking God, "Why?" for a prolonged period of time, the Holy Spirit Moment gave me an, "aha" moment through recalling the words of Ephesians 2:10, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" (New King James Version). In the context of that verse, I found that my  “Why” is to do the good that God sets before me. This truth affects every part of me, and even my more minute habits.


Why social media? 
-To encourage others (1 Thess 5:11) and decrease my anxiety (Phil 4:6; 1 Peter 5:7).

Why exercise? 
-Because my body is God's temple (1 Cor 6:19-20).

Why pursue sexual purity? 
-Scripture commands it (Heb 13:1).

Why use wholesome talk? 
-It builds others up (Eph 4:29).

Why go to church? 
-To not forsake assembly with other believers (Heb 10:25).

Why eat healthy food? 
-To not be mastered by anything (1 Cor 6:12).

Why pray? 
-To present my requests to God (Phil 4:6-8; 1 Thess 5:16-18).

Why practice thanksgiving? 
-Because God is good and His love endures forever (1 Chron 16:34).

Why work hard and do my best? 
-To honor God (Col 3:17, 23).

Why my career?
-To help widows and orphans (Ps 68:5; Ps 82:3; James 1:27).
-To show love to foreigners (Deut 10:18).
-To promote hope (Rom 5:3-5).
-To comfort (2 Cor 1:3-4)

Why live? 
-For Christ in me (Phil 1:21).
-To proclaim Christ (Rom 1:16).

Looking for your "why" friends? I encourage you to find it within the pages of God's Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment