Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Am An Ambassador.

I have been thinking a lot about life and work lately. What is my purpose? Why am I here? Am I making a difference? I ask myself. As I have pondered these questions and asked God to reveal himself, the Holy Spirit keeps bringing to mind the words of 2 Corinthians 5:20-21:

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

I am Christ's ambassador. That hits me hard. I must confess that I don't always want to act like Jesus. I want to be selfish, not selfless. I want to be idolatrous, not idol free. I want to speak negativity rather than life. But I am Christ's ambassador no matter what I do, no matter where I go. To that extent, I ask myself:
  • Am I Christ's ambassador on Instagram? Do I use that platform to bring glory to myself, or to bring glory to God? 
  • Am I Christ's ambassador at work? To my coworkers? To the people I serve? To the other agencies with whom I interact? 
  • Am I kind to my family at home? 
  • Do I share truth on Facebook? 
  • Do I walk and talk in a way that the light and hope of Christ flow through me? 
  • Or at the end of the day does my life look no different from anyone else's in the world? 



To my friends and family who know I believe in Jesus as Savior and live to serve Him, I'm sorry. I'm not perfect, and therefore not a perfect ambassador of the perfect Jesus who died to save every one of us from the curse of sin. The Holy Spirit is working on me, but please forgive me and don't let my shortcomings distract you from Jesus.
If you don't know Jesus as your Savior, follow the ABC's:

A) ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

B) BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS, ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THAT YOU TRUST IN HIM ALONE FOR YOUR SALVATION, COMMITTING YOUR LIFE TO HIS SERVICE.
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved." (Acts 16:31)

C) CONFESS YOUR SINS.
A sinner needs to acknowledge that they have sinned.
All Jesus asks us to do to receive salvation is to believe in Him.
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins." (1 John 1:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment