Friday, June 15, 2018

This is How I Roll.

I traveled again this past weekend. This time, I went to Colorado to attend a beloved friend's wedding. The wedding is her story to tell, but I thought I'd share a few other fun (and not so fun) details of the trip.

1) I parked a country mile (1.54 miles, to be exact) from the terminal. It made parking $7 cheaper per day, and I'm cheap.



2) I like to leave early when I go to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport because I like to walk around all the different terminals. The sky bridges are my favorite.



3) I pack lots of snacks! When I asked if I needed to remove snacks from my bag, the agent asked what I had. "Five granola bars," I said. 

When I pulled out my gallon sized Ziploc bag with the granola bars plus all my other loot, the man in front of me said, "Holy ----, lady, you've got a whole refrigerator in there."

Yep. I don't like to be hungry.

4) I tried "half sour" pickles. They taste like salty cucumbers, not pickles.



5) We waited an hour and a half to get our rental car. An hour and a half, people! The poor rental agents were stressed!

6) Splitting food at restaurants is the best! It reduces costs, leaves room for me to try more fun food, and reduces food waste.



Avalon bison burger at Ted's Montana Grill in Denver.

7) I can't eat spicy food anymore. This loaded breakfast hash with jalapenos was tasty, but it hurt my stomach.



Food from Over Easy

8) I'm directionally challenged, so I took a picture of where I parked to find my car for the way home.



Call me a quirky traveler, but this is how I roll, rolling suitcase and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment