Tuesday, June 19, 2018

God is Up To Something.


It's been a pretty crummy few weeks. I've struggled with sleep, obsessed about the stupidest things, worried about my health, felt unworthy, gotten overwhelmed, and had decision fatigue. Then I got that flat tire. I may be ridiculous when I say this, but I got the idea that God was about to do something.

I have faced spiritual opposition every time I tried to take action regarding my professional career. I renewed my license the Monday that all this started. I had been praying a lot about some things before that, and then suddenly the importance of those things took a back seat. 

Whether or not I'll get the answer I want about any of those matters, God wants me to pray. And I confess that I let the crumminess of life distract me from that spiritual responsibility.
I went to the occupational therapist and the physical therapist the two days before I had the flat tire. I got super overwhelmed about all they asked and expected of me. And I started thinking about that instead of about loving others, doing good in the world, or praying. And then the flat tire.

The flat tired changed my perspective some. It helped me realize that there is still good in the world. It made me grateful. And it convinced me that I need to persevere.

When God works, Satan works. And God is always working, so Satan is always working. 
Therefore, I am rebuking Satan in Jesus' name and praying to accept what God has for me. I'm not expecting some pie-in-the-sky reward for my faithfulness, but I am looking forward to seeing what God will do, because I know He is up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment