Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I Needed Flowers.

I went to Trader Joe's and bought myself some flowers. I felt a little ridiculous doing it, not because there's anything wrong with buying flowers, but because I felt like I needed them. It had been a long week. I had a cold, and I felt like my life was going down the tubes even though it wasn't. The only thing I could think that would help at the moment was flowers. So I went and bought them.



I work in mental health. I think I should have it together, but I don't. And even though I tell everyone else to take care of themselves, I don't do a very good job of it for myself. But I did it that day, and it helped, that day and for the next several days.

So here's to self-care, friends, to slowing down, and to listening to intuition. Because sometimes you really do need the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment