Monday, September 17, 2018

I Choose Joy-Jesus

I've been fighting so hard for joy. And some days it's just exhausting. I want to be happy and satisfied and content, but's it's a battle.

The other day as I was driving around (the car is a place I frequently talk to God, though I should do this everywhere), I had a thought: Joy isn't so much as choosing happiness, but more about choosing Jesus. Jesus is the Source of joy, the Giver of life eternal, my Connection to the Creator of everything good. There's nothing wrong with recognizing the good things in life, and I want to keep doing that. But if I look to those things for satisfaction, it will never be enough. Things fail. They pass away. They get tarnished and sullied by the evil of this world



So every day, especially on those hard days when I can't seem to find joy, I'm choosing Jesus. May I always choose Jesus, even as I continue to look for the joy He gives me on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment