Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Blessed to Be Stretched


"I want a different life." Those were the acrid, bitter words that came out of my mouth one Friday night. It had been a long week at work. Traffic was terrible. Grocery shopping took forever. I was tired. And I had so much left to do.

But almost as soon as I said those words, I regretted them. The Holy Spirit's conviction came fast and hard. Did I really want a different life? The reason why I felt stressed was because I had so much. I had a home that required care. I had a job that required time. I had food that needed to be put away, and/or cooked. I had a husband that needed attention. But did I really want to give any of it up? By all means, no! These gifts added responsibilities to my life, but they were also blessing.

This season of life has been stressful. The many things I have to do weigh heavily on me at times, but I don't want to go back. I want to move forward by God's grace and in His power.

Blessed to be stressed? Yes. But I am also blessed to be stretched. God is Sovereign. He saw this season coming. He ordained it. May I be faithful to my calling within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment