It all started in Bermuda, and here I am, vacations later, still very into finding (and viewing) historic churches. The problem with Ireland is that it just has so many! Ireland is so very old, and it's churches are also so very old and cool. My internet research said the main churches to visit were: Christ Church Cathedral
John's Lane (St. Augustine and St. John's Church)
I also found out about St. Kevin's Church Ruins.
I really did not think we would make it to them all, and I told my husband we could skip them, but somehow we made it. Along the way, we saw lots of other historic churches:
Abbey Presbyterian,
Church of Ireland (St. Webeurg’s),
Church and Parish of the Annunciation and All Saints of Romania,
The Father Matthew Hall,
St. Ann's,
Saint Catherine's,
St. James,
St. Mary of the Angels,
St. Mary's Chapel of Ease,
St. Mary's Star of the Sea Marymount,
St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church Ringsend,
St. Paul’s Church at Smithfield,
St. Saviour's Church,
And then there were the repurposed churches. Look at this Scots church housed within glass!
There were definitely more churches to research and see, but these were all we could fit in (this time).

1.jpeg)




2.jpeg)












No comments:
Post a Comment