Friday, May 20, 2016

Give thanks to the Lord.



There is no theme for thanksgiving verses this time, just verses about thanksgiving to the Lord. (And yes, I did take a week off from my regular prayer routine. I am trying to learn to understand grace, especially when it comes to spiritual disciplines. These are important, but not a means by which I receive my salvation. That is God's gift of grace.)

Ezra 3:11
With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.” And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.


Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.


Psalm 9:1
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


Romans 7:25a
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!


1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Revelation 11:17
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment