Friday, February 5, 2016

Thanksgiving: An Expression of Thanks

We can pray all day, but at the end of the day, if we forget to remember how God has answered our prayers, we miss a crucial part of the process. Mom taught me to review my written prayer requests every so often so as to call to mind God's provisions and answers. I try to do this in one of my weekly prayer times to thanksgiving every month or two.


When I review my prayer requests, I focus on a different aspect of thanksgiving, as support by Scripture. Here is my focus for this week:


Thanksgiving as an expression of thanks.
To show, utter, or state thanks.


Leviticus 7:12
If they offer it as an expression of thankfulness, then along with this thank offering they are to offer thick loaves made without yeast and with olive oil mixed in, thin loaves made without yeast and brushed with oil, and thick loaves of the finest flour well-kneaded and with oil mixed in.



2 Chronicles 20:21
After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.”


Psalm 50:23
Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.



2 Corinthians 9:12
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.


Revelation 7:12
Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!



Revelation 11:17
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment