Friday, February 19, 2016

God's Love is Great.

I decided to focus not just on an attribute of God this week, but on an adjective that describes an attribute of God.

God's Love is Great.
“Unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.” (Dictionary.com, n.d.).

Psalm 25:6
Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.

Psalm 51:1
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.

Psalm 69:13
But I pray to you, Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation.

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

Psalm 117:2
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.

Lamentations 3:22
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

Ephesians 2:4-5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Reference:
Great. (n.d.). Dictionary.com. Retrieved February 11, 2016 from Dictionary.com website http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/great.

No comments:

Post a Comment