Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pineapple Overnight Oatmeal

Sweet, creamy, tropical, and a breakfast I don't have to cook? Yes, please!


I've been trying to Eat the Seasons, that is, eat food that is "in season." Right now, that is pineapple I like pineapple, but the flavor is kind of strong. After a few days, the pineapple gets mushy. Enter a great new overnight oats recipe.


I thought about trying The Oatmeal Artist's pina colada oatmeal, but I didn't have coconut milk. (I don't always like coconut milk, either.) I googled other recipes, but didn't find one I liked, so I used the proportions I'd normally use for overnight oats and threw in the pineapple. Mmm! The crunch of the chia seeds really accentuates the creaminess of the yogurt and the sweetness of the pineapple. Don't leave them out!


Ingredients:



½ c quick oats
1/3 c milk
¼ c Greek yogurt
½ t vanilla
1 ½ t chia seeds
1 c pineapple, diced

Directions:



1. Use a spoon to mix together the oats, milk, yogurt, vanilla, and chia seeds in a jar.
2. Add the pineapple, screw the lid on the jar, and shake.
3. Refrigerate overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment