Friday, April 22, 2016

God is Clothed with Splendor.

I am back with prayer verses. My wonderful mom provided me with her Moms in Prayer sheet last week, but this week, I collected my own set of verses. The theme is, "God is clothed with splendor." Splendor means "brilliant distinction" or "great brightness" (Dictionary.com, n. d.) God is Lord of Lords and the "Light of the World" (Deut 10:17; John 8:12), so I think this is an important attribute to study.

1 Chronicles 16:27
Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.

1 Chronicles 16:29
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.

1 Chronicles 29:11
Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

2 Chronicles 20:21
After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.”

Psalm 96:9
Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.

Psalm 104:1
Praise the Lord, my soul. Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 145:5
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty— and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Isaiah 46:13
I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.

Isaiah 61:3
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.


Reference
Splendor. (n.d.). Dictionary.com, Unabridged. Retrieved from http://www.dictionary.com/browse/splendor?s=t.

No comments:

Post a Comment