Saturday, June 4, 2016

May Musings

Lots of changes in life, so I guess it's time to update THE LIST.


1) GO! on a cruise. Done! See my list of Cruise Do's and Don'ts for more details.

2) Stop checking e-mail on my phone while at work. I'm still working on this one. I enjoy my e-mails more when I check them all at once during the evening, but sometimes it seems necessary to check e-mails beforehand, and then I cannot stop.


3) Use more glass storage containers and less plastic. I still prefer glass to plastic, but life is so  crazy right now, I use whatever I can find to store leftover food. I've even microwaved in plastic. Life goes on!


4) Find my rambunctious side again. I snorkeled in Mexico. I'm taking a leap of faith to move back home to Arizona. I took a silly picture and texted it to my housemates. today. Maybe I'm getting there?


5) Memorize some new scripture, or at least review the old. I'm struggling here. With all that's going on, I can't seem to get my brain in gear to memorize. Or maybe I just want to distract my brain from the important stuff since a lot of the important stuff is stressful right now. I'm working on Colossians, though.


6) Clean out the pantry (fridge, freezer, et. al) and go on a grocery spend fast until it is done. I'm not on a grocery fast right now, but I really need to use up the food I have before I move.


7) Purge excess. Soak up blessing. My housemates got rid of a lot of stuff at a yard sale while I was cruising. (Thanks, girls!) I'm still trying to pare down. The blessing will come when I have less stuff to move and store.


8) Run a 5K. Lord willing that I am well, I am scheduled to run another one 6/25/16.


9) Embrace the quiet. I spent half of my silent retreat time this morning under my covers in bed. It was peaceful there, and honoring to God, I believe, to rest my body.


10) Pursue counseling licensure. You guys, I got my authorization to test letter!!! I still have to wait four weeks for testing payment to process, take the test, pass the test, wait four weeks for reporting of test results, and then apply for my LAC license, but God just got me over a major hurdle!


11) Rest. I currently have a cold, so I've been taking it easy. The Still Small Voice warned me that I'd better take it easy or risk worse infection, as was the case earlier this year.


12) Trim down the processed. Bulk up the produce. (In my diet) I'm still cooking from the Easy Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook. I' m really trying to avoid processed sugar while I'm sick. (Supposedly sugar inhibits immunity.) So I made this sweet potato pudding to satisfy my cravings.


13) Bullet journal plan—streamline my to-do list. My housemate balked when she saw my bullet planner. "What is that?" She asked. My planner is overwhelming to others, but it helps me organize. Yeah!


14) Finish the books I have and read more. I've been reading a lot! I read four books in May, so that's an average of one a week. I will miss the great selection of Christian fiction at the current library, so I'm trying to read up. Plus, reading is a good way to embrace the quiet, rest, and de-stress.


15) Spend time with and love the people around me. In May, I went to my youngest brother's master's graduation and cruised with my college friend. I've had great Tuesday night dinners with housemates. Yesterday and today I saw friends. I hope to see more of the beautiful people in this place before I head out. God has truly blessed me with great friends.


16) Blog. Instagram. Something. Still going. I do like to write, but sometimes it takes awhile. I like reading blogs from other people, though, and I hope people enjoy reading this one. May God get the glory from this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment