Friday, August 19, 2016

God Fulfills our Longing.


No prayer verses came this past week because Mom gave me her prayer sheet focusing on God's wings. This week, the focus is on how God fulfills our longing. In fact, God should be our deepest Longing: "Strong, persistent desire or craving, especially for something unattainable or distant" (Dictionary.com, n. d.).

Psalm 38:9

All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.


Psalm 119:20

My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.


Psalm 119:81

My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.


Psalm 119:131

I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands.


Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.


2 Corinthians 5:2

Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling.


Hebrews 11:16

Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Reference:
Longing. (n. d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved August 9, 2016 from 
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/longing

No comments:

Post a Comment