Monday, October 31, 2016

October's Over!

October's over. Can you believe it? I can't! The days of this life seem to pass so quickly. I wish I could say that I've been focusing on my goals, but the truth is, I'm just living day by day. Some days, I survive. Some days, I do a bit better, but I can honestly say that I'm not to the thriving part yet. But oh well. Here's to having goals, even if I don't remember to embrace them.

2) Stop checking e-mail on my phone while at work.Some days at work are so busy that I don't remember to check my phone. Or I have students in my office and need to hide my phone. My phone e-mail hasn't been loading at work, either, so overall, I'd say that this issue is taking care of itself.

3) Use more glass storage containers and less plastic.Still enjoying peanut butter jars for overnight oats and the Anchor bowls for lunches.

4) Find my rambunctious side again.I dressed up as Uranium from the periodic table for work today. Does that count?

5) Memorize some new scripture, or at least review the old.
Scripture memory takes intentional planning. I had to decide to substitute scripture memory for listening to a Psalm every night. There just isn't time for everything.


6) Clean out the pantry (fridge, freezer, et. al) and go on a grocery spend fast until it is done.I live at home, so I don't buy groceries per se, but I still like to use what I have on hand. For example, this weekend, I plan to make this recipe with leftover white beans, kale, and tomatoes from Mom's garden.

7.
) Purge excess. Soak up blessing.
I'm acquiring more stuff, when most of my stuff is already in storage. I need to unpack what I have in storage or sell it. Decisions...

9) Embrace the quiet.
Hard. I've found that thoughts can be noisy, too. I just want my brain and my environment to be silent so I can hear God speak.

11) Rest.Struggling. See above. And I keep waking up at 4 am. That needs to stop!

12) Trim down the processed. Bulk up the produce.
I need to work on this one. I've been eating convenience foods and I really feel better when I cook and eat more whole foods.

13) Bullet journal plan—streamline my to-do list.
It works!

14) Finish the books I have and read more.
Fall break gave me a little extra time, so I read four books this month. I made it through two non-fiction books, which were good breaks from the fantasy of fiction.

15) Spend time with and love the people around me.
Mom and I took a little trip to Phoenix for dinner and hang-out time. A former housemate and I met up for Starbuck's and a trip to IKEA. I've found a group of girls to lunch with at Panera each week after church. I am grateful.

16) Blog. Instagram. Something.
Still at Instagram. I think more people see that than this. But I like to write....



No comments:

Post a Comment