Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Crisp Apple Spice Oatmeal



Fall has arrived, and with it colder morning and evening temperatures, which means more oats! The apple harvest has also started, bringing with it a fresh crop of apples, specifically my favorite variety: Gala. I made this apple oatmeal a few nights ago to capitalize on Fall's bounty.


Normally, I like to stew my apples, but this time, I cooked them with the oats. This left them with an edge of crispness that accentuated the fall spices of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Plus, I topped this porridge with two nut butter, allowing me to hand-craft each spoonful of Fall goodness.


Ingredients:


1/2 c quick oats

1 c water
1 apple, chopped
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t nutmeg
1 T almond butter
1 T peanut butter

Directions:


1. Combine the oats, apple, water, and spices in a small sauce pan.

2. Cook until the liquid absorbs and the oats are creamy.
3. Top with 1 T each of almond and peanut butter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment