Monday, March 5, 2018

The Travel Diaries of a Dumb Blonde

I don't need to dye my hair. My roots show.

Example #1: I drove down to the airport Thursday night and parked in the same parking lot as last time. I had to park a little further out, but oh well. I have legs. "No worries," I thought. "I'll be fine once I get to the terminal."


At the terminal, I realize, "Oh yeah. This airport has several terminals. Better find the one for my flight." So I find a walkway to the next terminal and take it. Then I realize this is still not the terminal for my airline. I go downstairs and see that this terminal isn't connected to my terminal. I hear a lady telling another flier to take the SkyTram, so I go back upstairs, wait for the trolley, and ride on over to my terminal. I've spent over half an hour walking by this point, and still need to go through security. A little research beforehand or at least reading terminal signs might help me in the future....

Example #2: I open my suitcase and realize that besides church clothes and running clothes, I only brought one shirt. And I don't have a belt for jeans that REQUIRE a belt to wear them. I need pants and more than one shirt for a four day trip. Target wasn't a solution, either. I tried.... Thankfully my sister-in-law is tall enough to have clothes and belts that fit me. Note to self: Make a packing list and double-check your suitcase for appropriate apparel before you go....


The trip went well, praise the Lord! (More on that later.) But I think I need to find a balance between being a perfectionistic planner and throwing all cares to the win. I got blessed this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment