Monday, April 2, 2018

Because Jesus Lives...

The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay."


I have a major issue with fear. I think it's partly due to my perfectionism. But as I read this verse on Easter Sunday, I had the realization that I don't have to fear.


Because Jesus lives:
  • I don't have to be afraid of men, for I fear the God of all who is over all (Matt 10:28).
  • I don't have to fear the unknown, because God already knows about it (Ps 139:16).
  • I don't have to fear tomorrow, because I know who holds tomorrow (Matt 6:25-34).
  • I don't have to fear sin, because God has defeated it (Rom 8:3).
  • I don't have to fear death, because I know I have an eternal life with God in heaven (Rom 6:23).
Fear may always be a struggle for me, but it doesn't have to have the victory. God already has the victory, because Jesus lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment