Thursday, September 21, 2023

Knowing Jesus Does Make it Easier.

As I stepped out of the embrace of my husband, his shoulder drenched in tears, I thought, "Knowing Jesus doesn't make it any easier." But then I thought, "Actually, yes, yes it does. Knowing Jesus does make it easier."

Death is never easy. It is separation from a loved one in this life. It is painful, sad, heart-wrenching, real. Knowing Jesus does not make the emotional pain any less, but it does make the experience of loss different.

It has been a week now since the loss of my aunt. I have certainly shed tears over her death. At the same time, I have rejoiced that she is no longer in pain. I have celebrated that she is now with Jesus. I have remembered that she ran her race well, and with joy to the end.

Because of Jesus' my aunt's life had meaning, purpose. Because of Jesus, my aunt is not dead, but alive, with Christ, in heaven, Praise Jesus for that!

Knowing Jesus does not take away the pain of this life and this world, but it does make it easier. Friend, do you know him by faith, through grace? If not, may I plead with you to consider that journey? Admit that you are a sinner. Believe that Jesus Christ is a sinless savior able to pay for your sins. Confess Him as Lord. That's what my aunt did. I believe that's what she is doing today. She would want you, want us to join her. In and through Jesus, this is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment