Sunday, September 10, 2023

Real Life Marriage: Just Wait...

Life continues to be hard. Maybe life is just one long, hard season. Irregardless, by God's grace, I think we are finally making progress. Progress, not perfection, but progress nonetheless.

I never thought we would get to a point where we could miscommunicate, and actually fix it. I never thought I could actually tolerate the miscommunication and not melt down, to start with. And to then be able to talk through it and maybe not agree, but be able to remain in communication, in relationship? What a gift!

I often struggle to share my heart because I perceive judgment (from my husband and well, from a lot of people). He's starting to get that, and just listens, without feedback. I would like him to engage in conversation with me, but I am also not sure I am always strong enough to withstand his differing opinions. Maybe we will get there.

I recently started to realize and really feel that my husband supports the work that I do in my job. He says he always has. I guess I just started to notice it.

I never thought these things would come. I dared not even to hope. I had just accepted that we had some big differences and needed to love one another nonetheless. It is a gift from God that we are here. If I could have only told myself, "Just wait." 

Just wait to see what God will do. Wait and be faithful. It may turn out for good. It may be the same, but just wait. God's work awaits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment