Friday, April 5, 2024

My Favorite Holiday

Before the Easter season totally passes by, I must spend a few minutes reflecting on why I call this my favorite holiday:

1) This holiday is literally the bedrock on which I build my life! If Jesus had not risen from the dead, I would have no hope, and say with the Apostle Paul, that I am "most to be pitied" (1 Corinthians 15:19, New International Version).

2) Easter breaks Lent, which since I choose to practice it, makes it more poignant.

3) Spring comes just before Easter, and Spring is a beautiful season marked by the resurrection of flowers and trees and birds and other flora and fauna.

4) Easter is less about gifts and meals and activities, and more about family (though it certainly has been commercialized).

5) I love seeing family photos from Easter. Since many people get new clothes for Easter, the photos are plentiful, and I enjoy seeing them all!

So here's to Easter, my favorite holiday, for so many reasons. I look forward to celebrating again next year!

Reference:

New International Version. (2011). BibleGateway.com. http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-International-Version-NIV-Bible/

No comments:

Post a Comment