Saturday, October 10, 2026

Ireland Adventures: Day 6

What a packed final day! Fairview Park Run in the morning, Phoenix Park midday, Guinness tour in the afternoon, and my husband's 40th birthday. Whew! I was tired.

The park run is its own post, so I will say that from there, we trucked back to our hotel, cleaned up, and headed back out on the bus for Phoenix Park. Sure, we could have taken a cab, but a bus was much cheaper.

Phoenix Park is home to 600 deer, and according to its website, supports 50% of mammal species in Ireland and 40% of bird species. We got off near the water, seeing lots of birds and Wellington Monument before traipsing through the park looking for deer. Sadly, we saw none, but we did see lots of green, plenty of people running, and Magazine Fort.



Then it was a hike to the Guinness Storehouse for a tour. This was my husband's wish for his birthday. I am not really into beer, but the immersive audio-visual experience with things like water drops spelling out words was pretty cool. The building is five stories, and the Gravity bar up top has amazing views of Dublin. It was also very loud and overstimulating (maybe purposely so, to keep things moving-there were A LOT of people!), so I was glad to move on. The climb down many flights of stairs, though, that was a bit of a feat, especially after our days of hiking and walking and my run in the morning. As a whole, this was more entertainment than tour of a working brewery as my husband had thought, but he said he enjoyed it, so win!



We finished at Guinness Open Gate Brewery, and I was so thankful to get food. It may have been early, and one again a lot of food, but I devoured it. Then we walked back to our hotel, passing some now familiar sights like Christ's Church Cathedral. We walked over Ha'Penny bridge once more time, passed the Spire one more time, and almost collapsed at our hotel, but first, we had some celebrating to do!

My husband turned 40 this day! So I traipsed back up our stairs one more time to get tarts and candles so we could sing and celebrate him. What a trek for his birthday, but I hope we get many much such experiences, and many more years together to celebrate in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment