Saturday, July 1, 2017

Biblical Affirmations


I waffle back and forth on whether positive affirmations are biblical. So when asked to write a letter to myself describing why I'm unique, I decided to make a list of verses that tell me who I uniquely am in Christ:
  1. God created me in His image to showcase aspects of His infinite character (Gen 1:27).
  2. I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139:14).
  3. God has a specific plan for my life (Jer 29:11).
  4. God's love for me is everlasting (Jer 31:3).
  5. God delights in me (Zeph 3:17)
  6. I am not condemned (Rom 8:1). Harmless quirks and preferences aren't sin.
  7. I have roles to fulfill as a member of the body of Christ (Romans 12).
  8. My brokenness allows Christ's glory to shine through (2 Cor 4:7).
  9. In my weakness, Christ exhibits His strength (2 Cor 12:9).
  10. I am a minister of God's grace in its various forms (1 Pet 4:10).
Now to you, readers. What do you think about positive affirmations? What are your favorite scriptures about identity in Christ? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment