Tuesday, November 22, 2022

All The Things That Were Good

The night of my car accident, my Mom reminded me that God can work out all things together for good for those who love Him (Rom 8:28). I don't know if she told me to look for the good, or if I just thought about it, but the sentiment stuck with me. This journey of car accident, car loss, and finding a new car has been hard, really hard. We grieve. We have pain, and yet God, in his grace, has still allowed me to see a lot of things that were good:

The accident was close to our home, which meant my husband could walk to the scene to support my friend and I.

The accident was at rest, versus moving at fast rates of speed.

Police dispatch answered my call.

The police came quickly.

The police were professional.

My husband drove the wrecked car home so I did not have to.

I already had an easy dinner planned that took little to no time to prepare after the accident.

My husband told me he loved me a lot after the accident.

I was able to call my parents for advice.

No immediate medical attention was necessary.

I was able to get some sleep that night despite sleep struggles.

I was not too sore in the morning.

My neighbor recommended a chiropractor.

Our insurance was able to help us get a rental car.

I was able to get a rental car the first day I needed to go back to work.

My workplace was gracious with my schedule.

I had sick time to cover hours of work missed.

My husband's friend helped him take the car to the shop.

When the insurance totaled the car, they gave us more money than I paid for it four years ago.

I felt peace from the Lord about finding a car online.

Looking for a car online led to several dead ends, that led us to more affordable cars.

The California car we planned to buy sold out from under us, which made us look local.

My husband did not have to fly to California to get us a car.

The local car that wasn't ready lead us to look at an SUV.

The SUV was in our price range.

The SUV was immediately ready.

The car salesman was nice.

My parents taught me to save, and we had just enough in our savings account to comfortably cover the increased cost of the SUV over the insurance amount.

We got to drive the car home that day.

We got to turn in the rental car a day earlier than expected, saving us some money.

We got to drop rental car insurance, which also saved money.

We can give stuff from our old car to my parents, who have a similar car.

The car we bought is three years newer than ours.

The new car has 30,000 less miles than ours did.

Lord willing, this car will last us further into the further than the one we had.

Lord willing, we are DONE car shopping for awhile.

--

I am sure that's not all the things that are good, because we are not omniscient like God. There is still grief. This is still hard, but we are thankful.

--

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment