Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Lessons Learned in Three Years of Home Ownership


Three years of home ownership! Let's just say I've learned a few things:

1. Have an emergency fund.

2. Catching a hot water heater leak early is good. Paying for repairs for the neighbor's is bad.

3. Have an emergency fund. 

4. It's often cheaper to buy new than renew. (And tearing apart a stackable washing machine is a mess!)

5. Have an emergency fund.

6. Replacing an air conditioner is expensive.

7. Have an emergency fund.

--

In all seriousness, I am so thankful for our home and still glad to be here, but man, owning a home and paying for its repairs and upkeep is expensive. Have an emergency fund. That's my advice. And make it bigger than you think you need. That's my advice after three years of home ownership. Hopefully I will have some better advice to offer after the next three years. We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment