Friday, November 25, 2022

A Longer Table


My husband and I have a moderately small condo. Two years ago, we hosted my parents for Thanksgiving. Two guests are a comfortable amount. This year, it was our turn to host again, and we wanted to invite more people. Our table is small, and we only have four chairs, but we decided to see who would come and make it work. We did not want space to limit our hospitality.

Out of all we invited, only four (two being my parents) people came. When we added the built-in leaf, our table was big enough; we just lacked chairs. No problem. My husband and I stood. It was  small sacrifice that allowed us to enjoy our dinner, and our company. 

Some unknown person said  “When you have more than you need, build a longer table, not a higher fence." We don't need to build a fence. Our complex has taken care of what we need. We added a leaf to our table, and that ended up being all we need on the table. This holiday was a good lesson in faith and trusting God though. If God says invite, He will provide-longer table, bigger table, or whatever it is. He is sufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment