Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Practical and Pretty

My best friend has a motto when she gets me gifts: practical and pretty. She knows I lean towards practical, but appreciate pretty, and it's true. So here's the practical and pretty of my Lenten headbands, two I had not made yet when I shared my original post.

The Practical: Striped cross-stitch headband from The Stitchin' Mommy


I made this from scrap black and gray yarn. I chose very muted colors so that the headband would match everything. I specifically wanted a minimalist headband for running. This headband worked great, much like a traditional "stretchy" headband. The only problem was that the yarn did stretch out a little bit over time.

The Pretty: Cross-stitched headband with flower applique from My Hobby is Crochet

I made this from scrap yarn as well, but specifically to match a dress for a wedding we attended. This headband was different in that it was cast onto hair elastics. This made the fit a bit different, but a bit tighter, too. I enjoyed wearing this headband and felt pretty in it. It also kept the flower on my head better than a barrette, or hair clip, or any other method would have.

I am not sure if I will (or should) keep all of the headbands I made. I think I will at least keep the pretty one. I enjoyed wearing it and think it could be fun to wear again with the same dress, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment